A quarter of Americans (24%) have posted product reviews or comments online. The table below illustrates the demographic character of this population:
- Among internet users, there are only small differences by gender, race and age in the likelihood of posting online product reviews.
- Among internet users, those with college degree or more (38%) are more likely than those with a high school diploma or less (27%) to post product reviews online.
- Among internet users, those in the higher income brackets are more likely than those in lower income brackets to post product reviews.
- English-speaking online adults are more inclined than Spanish-speaking adults to post product comments online.
- Fewer rural adults post product or service comments than suburban or urban adults. And a significantly higher percentage of adults with broadband report posting comments than do those without broadband.