The New Media Ecology of Students: How the marketplace of ideas and learning is different for ‘digital natives’
This presentation covers the technology world of teenagers and college students and discusses six realities of the lives of “digital natives” that are especially important for their institutions and their teachers to know:
1. Media and gadgets are ubiquitous parts of everyday life
2. New gadgets allow people to enjoy media, gather information, and carry on communication anywhere and any time.
3. The internet (especially broadband) is at the center of the revolution
4. Multi-tasking becomes a way of life
5. Ordinary citizens have a chance to be publishers, movie makers, artists, song creators, and story tellers
6. Everything will change even more in the coming years